In 2006, the research on hip resurfacing performed at the Implant Retrieval Laboratory was recognized by the Hip Society John Charnley Award.
- Campbell P, Shen FW, McKellop HA: Alternative bearing surfaces for young adult patients: Biological and tribological considerations. Clin Orthop Rel Res 418:98-111, 2004
- Amstutz HC, Campbell PA: LeDuff M: Fracture of the neck of the femur after surface arthroplasty of the hip. J Bone and Joint Surg 86A: 1874-1877, 2004.
- Davies AP, Willert HG, Campbell PA, Learmonth ID, Case CP: An unusual lymphocytic perivascular infiltration in tissues around contemporary metal-on-metal joint replacements. J Bone and Joint Surg 87B:18-27. 2005
- Beaulé PE, Campbell PA, Shim P: Femoral head blood flow during hip resurfacing. Clin Orthop Rel Res, epub Oct 2006
- Campbell P, Beaulé PE, Ebramzadeh E, LeDuff M, De Smet K, Lu Z, Amstutz HC: A study of implant failure in metal-on-metal surface arthroplasties. Hip Society Award. Clin Orthop Rel Res, 453:35-46, 2006